The Lean Program Manager will support plant operations in the development, planning and execution of Lean strategies and metrics providing support to various levels throughout the organization in order to clearly link project metrics to strategy objectives by using the Toyota Production System tools. The incumbent will have the ability to identify and drive operational improvements at all levels utilizing a very “hands on” approach to creating value as the lead change facilitator for the plant’s Lean transformation.
- Develop Lean manufacturing strategy for all site assets to ensure all NA facility’s objectives are met in the areas of safety, quality, profitability, waste reduction and team excellence
- Responsible for identifying, planning and leading the execution Lean transformation events targeted towards improving the plant’s performance on safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and productivity (SQDIP) as well as establishing a solid foundation around 5S in the workplace with process, metrics, and ownership at all levels
- Ability to identify and analyze complex operational data from multiple disparate sources in order to synthesize actionable evidence of root cause or improvement opportunities
- Improve business performance that yield zero accidents, defect free products, on demand and on time delivery, at the lowest cost by partnering with the plant’s process owners and champions to drive results
- Ability to act as a key driver of change within the plant, supporting management/cross functional decisions by communicating the plant-wide changes to employees and helping them to learn, understand, adjust and grow with the business’s Lean transformation
- Travel will be a maximum of 10-15%
- Bachelors in the Biological Sciences, Engineering preferred (ME, IE, other), or Operations Management
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in production management for a manufacturing company with at least 3 years applying lean tools and training others
- Lean or Six Sigma certified
- Expert proficiency in the use and implementation of Lean tools such as: Toyota Production System/Danaher Business System, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, Business Process Reengineering, Total Quality Management, Kaizen, TAKT, Kanbans/Pull Systems, Single Piece Flow, Seven Wastes, 5S, Poka-Yoke, PDCA, Hoshin Kanri, Root Cause Analysis, Workshop Management, and KPI's
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, MS Access and MS Project a plus
- Results based Leadership style skill set with strong impact and influencing skills
- Ability to grow within the operations organization worldwide
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply at this link: https://www.qiagen.com/us/about-us/careers/jobs/details?nPostingId=3256&nPostingTargetId=9678&id=PJBFK026203BQB6879LOOB&LG=EN&mask=qiagenext