Exempt employee (salary) pay
$120,000 - $140,000/year+
Works to ensure high quality and high productivity output by supervising staff, introduces new/improved products, upgrades machines, and implements processes. Oversees floor supervisors who organize and monitor daily/weekly/monthly work flow, and quality control. Key role in strategic planning for company growth.
Essential Duties, Functions & Competencies
1. Oversees supervisors (and directly with employees, as needed) to ensure production deadlines are met.
2. Implements processes and procedures to improve efficiency and quality of production.
3. Trains, implements, sustains lean manufacturing principles.
4. Works with company president and other managers for strategic planning to grow capacity and quality.
5. Makes recommendations on capital expenditures to improve capacity and quality.
6. Ensures CHUTES’ culture is supported throughout shop.
7. Works with shop supervisors and HR to ensure employees are developed and trained, fully engaged and understand and align with corporate culture and goals.
8. Ensure M1 (ERP program) is being utilized by all shop operations, data is monitored and recommendations/adjustments for improvement are made.
Required Education and Experience
1. ERP Experience,
2. Manufacturing/Production management, min. of 5 years
3. Implementing and sustaining processes, including lean manufacturing (not just management of…)
Supervisory Responsibility/Direct Reports
• Shop Floor Supervisor
o Welder Supervisor
o Door Assembly Supervisor
• Shipping/Receiving Supervisor
• DURACHUTE Assembly team
• Purchasing/Manufacturing Administrator(s)
This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. Noise levels can be moderate to loud. Eye, ear and foot protection is required. Temperature ranges can be a bit warmer or cooler than ‘room temperature.’
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, use fine motor skills to manipulate hand tools and small items. For safety must be able to see and hear. The employee is also frequently required to stand, walk and do some lifting and moving of up to 25+ pounds.
Skills & Qualifications
Supervision, Coaching, Managing Processes, Process Improvement, Production Planning, Strategic Planning, Dealing with Complexity. HANDS ON as well as supervisory knowledge is required.
No regular travel is expected for this position, except for occasional training opportunities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Attendance at bi-weekly manager meetings (Tuesday evenings) is required.
Contact Heidi Wood